Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Time interval triggers, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] With the first step done,…we next add triggers.…Triggers are the event that set off a notification.…The simplest, most common, and versatile trigger…you'll use is the time interval trigger.…I'll use this in the make pizza action.…In the make pizza UI action,…under the content here, add a time interval trigger.…These are objects of class…UN Time Interval Notification Trigger.…
So let's go ahead and add one by doing let trigger…equal UN Time Interval Notification Trigger.…Put the parentheses and you'll see…that we've got a time interval and a repeats on here.…And I'm going to set the time interval which is,…of course a amount in seconds.…So, I'm going to go for 10 seconds for this.…And for now I'm going to put repeats to be false.…
We'll talk more about that later.…Be aware here, that this number here's…got some funkiness to it.…You can set your time interval to any number…greater than zero, as long as this is false.…Zero or less will cause an error.…If you want something that'll be like…an immediate notification for some other kind of event,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.