Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Text response requests, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Narrator] We have set some inputs,…but haven't done anything with it yet.…You need to do this…in the notification center delegate class,…like the other responses.…So go ahead and just close the app.…And we're going to go over to the notifications center delegate…and I'm going to get rid of this debug error…to give myself some room.…So, you'll see we have two methods that we added:…the willPresent and the didReceive.…I'm going to go to the top of the didReceive…and like we did for the other actions here,…set it up as an if clause to look for the action identifier.…
So, I'm going to do it right up top here,…on top of the other ones.…And I'm going to do if…action…equals…text.input.…Now there's a string property, usertext,…that is the user's response…in the UN text input notification response class.…We'll need to recast the action response…from its current UNNotification response…to a UN text input notification response.…
So, first step of this will, of course,…be to downcast it.…So, I'm going to do a let…textResponse…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.