Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Text response actions, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] For most actions, a simple button…to execute the action is enough.…However, if you want to respond to someone…in a messaging app, or need some other type of text input,…then a button alone is not enough.…The user notifications framework has a special sub-class…of UN notification action that you can use…to edit text input controller to your notification.…As an example, you'll add a comment line…to your notification.…So go head and stop the app and head to the app delegate.…And find the set categories function again.…
And we're going to add another action here…underneath the cancel action and we're going to start…calling it the let…text…input…action.…And that will equal a UN text input notification action.…And you want the one with the placeholder this time.…So we want this one that ends with placeholder on the end.…
K, and then a lot of this is going to be the same…as what we did with the other actions.…So the identifier, I'm going to make this text input.…The title is going to be comments.…I'm not going to use any options, so I'm just leave that…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.