Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the BWDB interface in the testbed, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- At this point we've started to incorporate…the BWDB library into the testbed code for testing.…We've imported the SQLite 3 framework…and the BWDB library into out testbed app…and now it's time to use the testbed to test the library.…Here, I've opened a working copy of testbed-db02…from Chapter 2 of the exercise files.…I'm gonna go ahead and run it here…so you can see what it does.…And, there it is, it displays the version of the library,…the version of SQLite, creates a table, inserts rows,…and displays those rows of data.…
Now, here in the code one of the first things…you might notice is this extension to the BWDB library.…This is a Swift extension, and it's giving it this…sequence type.…The sequence type is used to bridge NSFastEnumeration…to the Swift compatible NSFast generator.…This is necessary for Swift to be able to use…FastEnumeration as an iterator.…Now, coming down here into our code,…you see this test1 function.…
And, you notice that that's called from our…viewDidLoad.…So, this is where we do our testing,…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.