Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Test user permissions, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] You are ready to test your permissions.…Your first step when testing is always to reset…the simulator to remove all settings.…So go over to the simulator and go to hardware.…Erase all content and settings and erase.…This gives you a clean slate so you're sure your permissions…have been all reset to factory settings.…It reset and then reboot,…and this could take a minute.…
Once done, start the app.…Once launched, you'll get the alert requesting you…to allow notifications.…If I don't allow notifications, I'll get a second alert…when I tried to schedule one.…So go ahead and hit don't allow.…And I'm going to hit the schedule a pizza button…and I get this alert that I created…for Huli Pizza needs notifications to work properly…with they're currently turned off, turn them on and settings…And I can dismiss this.…
I made a special button called settings,…I'm going to go ahead and hit that.…And that pops you into settings.…If you want to know more about how to do that,…check out the iOS development tips weekly on that topic.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.