Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the notification, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] You now have a certificate and token.…With both, you can send a notification.…But there are several websites…and a few Mac apps which work the same way.…I'm going to use apnstester.com…at apnstester.com/apns to do this.…So go ahead and load that site,…and you'll see several fields.…At the top, you'll add your certificate…by clicking the Choose File button.…And as you see, it's a PEM file, so I'll choose File.…And on my desktop I have the HuliAPNS.pem file,…so I'll go ahead and choose that.…
We don't have a passphrase or password,…'cause I'm going to keep this very insecure…but simple for our purposes.…And then you're going to go get your Bundle ID.…You're going to get that from your target settings.…So if you go back to Xcode and hop over here,…yours is going to be different than mine, again.…Remember, our bundle identifiers are all different.…So I'll go ahead and hit Copy of that.…Then head back to Safari, and you can paste that in there.…
Then it'll ask for Device token.…Again, go to Xcode, you can copy that…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.