Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the image from the web, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Narrator] You are almost ready to run this.…However, there is a security issue I want you…to remember.…This doesn't work with your images.…It's actually not going to work with this one.…And here is the little culprit, http.…The App Transport Security service will block…images with http only.…It's best to use a secure URL with https.…You could try to work around this…with an info.p list setting in your extension.…So, if we go over here,…in the extension go the info.p list.…
And what we're going to do is all the way at the top…where it says Information Property List,…hit that plus.…And you'll scroll up 'til you find…the App Transport Security Settings.…De-select it.…And you'll see a little arrow here.…Put that down.…And then hit the plus there,…and you'll find one that says Allow Arbitrary Loads.…Click that.…And over where it says Boolean, type yes.…
And make sure you're doing this in the extension,…because it won't help you much…if you do it in the app itself.…Okay, so we've got that set,…and now we're ready to run.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.