Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Test actions, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] We are ready to test the actions,…so let's go ahead and Build and Run.…Once the simulator loads, you'll see the app as before,…tap Schedule a Pizza, and wait,…and eventually we'll get a notification.…Drag down on the notification,…and you'll see we get a Snooze button.…Click the Snooze button, wait a bit longer,…and you get a Snooze button.…Click the Snooze button, wait a bit longer,…and you get another one.…
Hit Command + L to lock your phone,…and you'll get it here too.…This time swipe towards the left…and you'll see a button that says View,…and that gets you your Snooze button.…You can click it again.…You click it one more time, you can go back to Open,…and you can open the app with it.…Now, let's go try it with the pizza button…and see if that one's working.…So, we'll hit make a pizza.…I'm just going to do a Command + L here and lock the phone,…and there it is.…
Swipe to the left, hit View, and we can do a Snooze,…or a Next, or a Cancel here.…I'm going to start with the Snooze,…and I'm going to hit Command + Shift + H,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.