Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Supporting Safari and Chrome in the share sheet, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- Now that we have a ShareSheet, we still need to…add support for opening a link in the Safari browser.…In this lesson, I'll show you how to do that…and also how to add support…for Google's Chrome browser on iOS.…Here, I've opened a working copy of BWRSS-ShareSheet-03…from Chapter 9 of the Exercise Files,…and you'll notice that there is a couple of new methods here…ChromeActivity and SafariActivity.…So, if you remember, in our shareAction ( ),…we had a place here for adding applicationActivities:,…and here we've actually, in the last movie we had nil there,…now we have applicationActivities: for two applications,…SafariActivity ( ) and ChromeActivity ( ),…and those Activity applications are here…in these separate classes.…
So, let's take a look at them individually.…SafariActivity:, it's a very, very simple class.…It inherits from UIActivity and has some functions…to override activityType ( ),…and we just used the name from the class,…that just has to be a unique String.…activityTitle ( ), this is what's going to actually show up…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.