Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Supporting the 6 Plus, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- The new split view controller does a good job…of supporting the various form factors…of current iOS devices, mostly.…Unfortunately, it does not work perfectly…once you start adding views to the master view.…Here I've opened a working copy…of BWRSS-WebView-01 from…Chapter Six of the exercise files.…This represents the place where we've…come so far in the course if you've been…following the course in order.…I've saved the results from this lesson…in BWRSS-WebView-02 also in Chapter Six…of the exercise files.…
Now the first thing I would need to do is…to demonstrate for you the problem.…I've not been running this code on…an iPhone 6 Plus yet,…mostly because the iPhone 6 Plus…is just too big for this screen,…but the Six Plus has that unique usage…of the new split view controller…and this is actually where this problem shows up.…So we're gonna go ahead and run this code…on the 6 Plus.…I'm gonna go ahead and Build and Run,…and you'll notice that yes,…it is too big for this screen so I'm gonna have to use…the scroll on my mouse,…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.