Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Static notification content, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] The content of a notification…is text and graphics you find within the notification.…The two most important pieces of content…are the title and body,…though there are many others.…Let's look at a simple example first.…Head back up to our schedulePizza and makePizza.…And, where we have self.introNotification,…comment that out on both of those.…And then, in the scheduled,…underneath that,…I'll add the content directly in the method,…using the UNMutableNotificationContent object.…
So, I'm just going to make this object.…I'm just going to call it content.…You can only add using the mutable.…There is another one called UNNotificationContent,…which we'll get to a little later,…but for now, we're only worried about the mutable,…'cause that's the one…you can actually change the content to.…Now, this has a lot of different properties.…You can go ahead and type content here.…Hit dot, and you'll see several type of content you can use.…
The two most basic are the title, and that's a string.…So I'm going to put the title here.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.