Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting the project in Xcode, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- Now that we have a set of working database classes,…it's time to create the project for the applications.…So I'm gonna come down here and start Xcode,…and I will create a new project…under File, New, and Project, or Shift Command.…The project is an iOS application,…and it's a Master Detail Application.…And that'll use a template for that application,…the master detail template.…I'm gonna come over here and name it BWRSS, like that,…and it's in the Swift language,…and under Devices, you wanna choose Universal here.…
That's really important.…That gives us the split view controller,…which among other things, allows us a more enhanced…experience on the iPhone 6 Plus.…You do not wanna check Use Core Data.…I'll press Next.…I'm gonna go ahead here and save this on my desktop.…You'll wanna save it wherever makes sense for you,…but make sure that it's some place where you can find it.…It's probably a good idea to create the Git repository.…I'm not actually using it in this course,…but for your purposes, you may want that.…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.