Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 7: The chosen path, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I told you that each step has…a polyline associated with it.…When you iterate through the steps…in the selected path, add the polyline to the map.…So I'm going to close the app up.…I'm going to go back to find directions…and all you have to do is just after…this route description, add the polyline.…So the line is self, mapView,…add an overlay and the overlay, routeStep.polyline.…
Now run the code.…Go to Chicago, hit Find, and you'll see…the first path highlighted with the dotted default line.…In Beverly Hills, the single path is highlighted.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.