Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 6: Exiting a region, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- [Instructor] Okay, we're back from the challenge.…I said there was an easy way to do this.…Go ahead and stop the app, and LocationManager…didEnterRegion is almost identical…to LocationManager didExitRegion,…so what you do, copy,…paste, change enter…to exit, ramp to freeway,…and that's all you need to do.…
We already set the system so that…it would know to inform you of an exit region…so go ahead and run this.…There we are at Apple, location,…freeway drive, there we go spinning our wheels,…we get on the on ramp.…Now you'll notice it takes a while…once it's on the freeway, and there it is.…We're on the freeway.…The system makes sure that you…are not just wavering along the…edge of the region, it's actually making…sure you are in it for a certain number…of seconds before it says anything.…
Okay, go ahead and put debug location Apple.…We go back to our original location.…Go ahead and stop the app.…There are other types of regions, by the way.…You could set your own geometry,…for example, to be the area of a room.…One of the most intriguing is beacons,…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.