Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 5: Headings and speed, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- [Instructor] Okay, we're back.…Here's how I put this together.…First, I go the Delegate method.…Did update locations and I'm going to add two strings.…First one will be speed string.…And I'm going to go from miles per hour…and use 2.23694 mph.…
And then I'll do a heading string.…Equal to quote space.…Heading:\location.course…and use option zero to get my degree mark.…And then I'll make one more string.…
And catenating those two together.…And with that done, I'll print that to the console.…That's what you need to do.…I'm going to do a couple more setup things before I run.…First of all, I'm going to go back up to toggleMapFeatures.…I'm going to use it as a switch to shut off…location finding, so I'm going to disable…location services here,…and that way I can stop location updates as I'm working.…
And I noticed I made a typo.…This should be services.…So I'm going to go find all the disable location…real quick and fix that.…Alright, now we can go back up to the original one…I had up here…and that is done.…So I fixed my typo, I'm also going to change my device…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.