Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 1: More pizzas, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- Okay, we are back.…In Google Maps, type the first address in the search bar.…And you'll see it shows up as one of the searches here…so I'm just going to click this.…And then zoom in a little bit,…and, drop the guy.…On the latitude and longitude on the address bar…you'll see it says something like…34.064578…and negative 1183991411.…
Yours might be slightly off of mine but that's okay…it's just a matter of where you…exactly put yourself in location.…Let's do the same for the second location in Chicago…So, we'll go ahead and go out of that.…Clear this.…And I'm going to do 2121…North Clark Street,…C-H-I-C-A-G-O, Chicago, Illinois, and there it is.…
And again, you can zoom in a bit.…Drop a guy.…And we're actually going to be looking at…that building right there,…'cause this one right here is our target,…and you can go ahead up to the address bar again…and you'll see 41.9206921…and negative 876375361.…Normally you'd copy and paste these coordinates to the note…to save these locations for later, like I told you.…
However, you're going to be using them in later challenges…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.