Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Smart adjustments: Light, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] A very useful feature in the editing mode…of the Photos app are the Smart Adjustments.…These allow for simple enhancements…in three different areas, light, color,…or black and white.…Each of these has its own set of controls…for fine tuning the details of the image.…So I'll go into the Photos app here.…And to enter into the editing section,…I'll tap Edit up in the upper right.…Tap on the Dial icon to enter the smart adjustments.…And these three areas do a very good job…at separating the components of an image.…
Either light, which covers basic brightness and contrast,…color which covers issues pertaining to how the colors look,…and black and white for adjusting black and white images.…Let's start off by taking a detailed look…at the controls for Light.…So I'll tap on the Light choice there…and I'm presented with a slider of thumbnails…down at the bottom.…So I can just drag on this for basic effect.…You can see how that's brightening it up.…And this is darkening it down.…But there's more than just darkening…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.