Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Smart adjustments: Light, part of iPhone and iPad Photography for iOS 11.
- [Instructor] A very useful feature…in the IOS 11 editing mode are the Smart Adjustments.…These allow for simple yet very effective…enhancements in three different areas:…light, color, or black and white.…Each of these has its own set of controls…for finessing the fine details of the image,…let's take a look.…So I'm going to open up this shot,…taken along the waterfront down in San Diego,…I'm going to go into the Edit mode…by tapping Edit in the upper right,…and over on the right side where we see those four buttons…I'm going to tap on the second one up from the bottom,…looks like a little dial, like a radio dial,…that's going to open up the Smart Adjustments…and the Smart Adjustments are divided…into three areas that do a really good job…of separating out the components of a photograph.…
These are Light, which covers basic brightness and contrast,…Color, which covers issues pertaining…to how the colors look,…and Black & White for converting to…and adjusting black and white images.…Let's start off by taking a detailed look…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.