Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Smart Adjustments: Light, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- One of the best new features for photographers…in iOS 8 is the addition of smart adjustments…to the editing mode.…These allow for simple enhancements in three…different areas: light, color, or black and white.…These areas each have controls for those who…like to be able to finesse the fine details of the image.…So I'll tap the edit button here, get into the…editing mode, and then there's this little dial…icon right there, it kind of looks like a clock…but it's like a little control dial, I'll tap…that, and that shows me the three areas of light,…color and black and white.…
Let's start off by taking a detailed look at the…controls for light.…So I'll tap on that, and initially what I get is…a range of thumbnails along the bottom that…actually acts like a slider.…So if I scroll on that, you can see I can change…the overall brightness and contrast of the image,…so this is doing both brightness and contrast…at the same time.…What you can see is if you go to the extremes, it…gets a little bit clunky, so here I can see the…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Appropriate for all
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.