The Pasteboard app is a simple application that accepts and posts text copied from the system pasteboard onto the iOS app's screen. This video shows how to get text from the pasteboard and display it in a text view.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to start coding … the functionality for our application. … So I'm going to start by just deleting … these lines of code that set the text view's text. … And then I'm going to create a new method … underneath viewDidLoad. … So func and then a space, … and we're going to call this showText. … And this is going to put text on the screen. … And inside of viewDidLoad I'm going to call showText … just like that. … So I'm using the code hinting … to quickly write it out by pressing the return key … after typing just about half of the name of the method. … And inside showText I'm going to set textView.text … equal to UIPasteboard.general. … You can see that when it's selected it says … returns the system wide general pasteboard, … which is used for general copy paste operations. … And then .string. … Let's run the application and see what we get. … Now what this is going to do … is it's going to load the last thing that you copied … and then paste it inside of your application. …
- Creating an Xcode project
- Navigating the Xcode interface
- Running your first app
- Building layouts with storyboards
- Connecting UI elements to code
- Coding interactivity