Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Shoot a time-lapse video, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] The iPhone's time lapse mode allows…you to see the passage of time…at a much faster rate than normal.…Time lapse videos are great for recording changes…that occur over longer periods of time,…such as passing clouds moving over the landscape,…cars traveling through the city, or a sunset at the beach.…An essential ingredient for a good time lapse is…that the camera be immobilized on a tripod…or via some other means to ensure that it does not move…while the time lapse is being recorded.…
This may not always be necessary if you're recording…your own movement through a scene, and in that case,…you might be able to just hold the camera against your torso…as you take a walk, or mount it onto a bike,…or on the dashboard of your car.…Choose a location or a scene where there is movement…that can be recorded over a longer period of time.…At this location in Las Vegas,…the clouds were moving so slow over the landscape…that I could barely see them moving…while I was watching them, but the movement is revealed…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.