Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Shoot a time-lapse video, part of iPhone and iPad Photography for iOS 11.
- [Instructor] The iPhone's time-lapse mode…allows you to see the passage of time…at a much faster rate than normal.…Time-lapse videos are great for recording changes that occur…over longer periods of time,…such as cars traveling through the city,…passing clouds moving over the landscape,…or a drive through the forest.…An essential ingredient for a good time-lapse…is that the camera be immobilized on a tripod…or via some other means to ensure that it does not move…while the time-lapse is being recorded.…Now, this may not always be necessary…if you're recording your own movement through a scene.…
And, in that case, you might just be able to hold the camera…against your torso as you take a walk…or mount it to a bike…or on the dashboard of your car.…Choose a location or a scene where there is movement…that can be recorded over a longer period of time.…At this location in Las Vegas, for example,…the clouds were moving so slow over the landscape…that I could barely see them moving…while I was watching them,…but their movement is revealed…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.