Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up cellular connectivity, part of iPad Tips and Tricks.
- If you purchase an iPad with cellular capabilities,…that means you have an alternate way…to connect to the internet…when Wi-Fi networks are not available.…This is especially useful if you're out and about…with your iPad and need to send an email,…look up directions, or perform any other task…that requires an internet connection.…I'm here on the Apple Store page configuring an iPad mini 2,…and, here in the U.S., these are the major carriers:…AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.…However, unlike iPhones,…iPads aren't locked to specific carriers.…So, even though you can or may have purchased an iPad…with a specific carrier's SIM card pre-installed,…that doesn't lock you into that carrier.…
If your iPad has cellular capabilities,…you can stop by any of these providers' locations…and purchase a SIM card for you iPad…so you can use it on their network.…Now, if you know for a fact that AT&T, for example,…has good coverage in your area,…you should purchase an iPad pre-configured with an AT&T SIM.…But you can also change carriers at any time,…
- Using iPad-specific gestures
- Typing tips
- Syncing media and other files
- Wireless syncing
- Receiving and organizing email
- Chatting with Messages
- Installing apps
- Browsing the web
- Connecting to an external display
- Using productivity software
- Playing audio and video files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the iPad
A tour around the iPad2m 35s
2. Typing on the iPad
3. Syncing Files
4. Setting Up and Using Email and Instant Messaging
5. Working with Apps
6. Web Browsing
7. The iPad for Work
8. Managing and Playing Audio, Video, and Other Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.