- [Sean] In terms of organizing your images,…one of the more useful albums…that is automatically generated by iOS 12 is People,…which uses face recognition to group images…of specific people together in their own album.…When you first upgrade to a version of iOS…that supports face recognition,…which is going to be anything beyond iOS 10,…the Photos app will begin a methodical scan…of all the images on your device…using content and facial recognition.…Depending on how many photos you have on your phone,…this could take some time.…
Since it's a processor-intensive operation,…this scanning of your image is done…when the phone is locked and connected to a power source.…The initial scan can take quite awhile,…even as long as a day or so,…especially if you have a lot of photos on your device.…Once that initial scan is complete,…new images that you take are scanned…and categorized very quickly.…Going to go into my Photos App,…and here in the Albums section I'm just going to scroll down,…and we can see that I have a People & Places section.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.