Go over the setup of our location manager and the proper delegate function implementation.
- [Tutor] As a refresher,…when working with CL Location Manager…the first thing we'll want to do is request authorization…for location data.…We've done this before,…so let's go ahead and get this part ironed out.…We'll start with our info.P-list and we'll add our key.…While we're here I want to also add a key…to tell iOS that we're going to need to preform…location updates in the background.…This is so that we can detect beacons…even when the app isn't in the foreground…and when the phone is locked.…
Now let's go to our project settings.…So let's go to capabilities…and we're going to turn on background modes…if it already isn't on.…And the mode that I want to enable is location updates.…Now let's go back to our beacon manager class,…and we'll create a CL location manager variable.…Now I want to a quick helper function that'll…return a string representation of our authorization status.…So I'm going to jump down and mark out an area…and we're going to create a function called…"get authorization status."…So I'm going to jump down in our class…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOSwith Todd Perkins1h 18m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.