Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Search for photos, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] The search capabilities in iOS 12…have been significantly improved…to help you find your images.…Although you can't modify file names…or add key words with content…or event specific information to a photo,…there are ways that you can search for images…based on location information in the files…whether on not the image is in an album…or you can also search for a certain image content…that iOS 12 recognizes when it scans your photos.…There are also new search suggestions…that can be very helpful.…
Let's take a look at how this works.…So I've gone to the photos app…and I'll just tap on the search magnifying glass…down in the lower right corner.…And the new search screen shows you some suggestions…that are based on the moments feature…of the phone so I have one year ago,…fall, trips, concerts, et cetera.…There's a section for searching for people…who are tagged in my people album.…There's places, categories…which is going to vary depending…on the types of photos you have.…
So I've got beach, animals, snow, car, et cetera.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.