Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video Save data on server, part of Building iOS Apps with AWS Mobile.
- [Instructor] So we used our model to create…an instance of the object we want stored.…Now let's look at how to store it…to the database on the server.…So let's create a function called saveNote…that takes a note, and we'll pass in note.…So below this function, on line 70,…I'll create a new function called saveNote,…and it takes a note that's of type note,…and it'll get the object mapper and save it.…So, we'll call let dbObjMapper equals…AWSDynamoDBObjectMapper,…and we'll get the default singleton.…
With this, we'll call on the next line dbObjMapper.save,…and we want to use the version…that takes the completionHandler.…We'll pass in the note that…was passed into this function,…and for the completionHandler,…we'll get an optional error…to see if there's an error.…We'll print out the errors,…localization description,…or no error if there was no error.…Now we need to call createNote.…
So in function did appear…we called check for log in.…If the user's logged in, we wanna call createNote…so on line 55 I'll add an else for the if.…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.