Run the code for finding location in the simulator. Learn to set positions in the Xcode Simulator.
- [Instructor] Once you have authorizations…and the location delegate set correctly,…you are ready to run your app again.…However, there are a few things…you'll need to know about running…Core Location on a simulator and on real devices.…Scroll up to the top of the view controller code.…This way you can see the comment block with the coordinates.…We're going to set coordinates in the simulator.…Open the simulator.…In the simulator drop down menus,…select debug, location.…
You see a list of locations, and select…Apple if not already selected.…With your simulator set to an iPhone 7 Plus,…go ahead and run the app.…Tap the here button.…You get the permissions alert.…Go ahead and allow it.…Tap here again if you're still in Naples.…The app will run and you'll find the…location dot sitting in the middle of…a parking lot at one infinite loop.…
You'll notice there is location…information in the console.…Tap the type button to see a satellite image.…You'll notice that console only has a single coordinate.…You can simulate movement with…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.