iOS has many different devices with many different aspect ratios. This video shows how to design your applications in the most responsive way possible, with Auto Layout pins, so your apps will look beautiful on every iOS device.
- [Instructor] iOS devices … come in many different shapes and sizes. … When you design an iOS application, … it's important to develop an app … that will scale properly on each device. … You can do that … using something called Auto Layout constraints. … Let's take a look at how those work. … So, I have my text view on the screen, … and it's not quite lining up … with this guy at the bottom here, this toolbar. … So, I'm going to click and drag this bottom center handle, … and just snap it right there. … So, everything's kind of snapped into place. … If I were to view this on a different device. … See where it says View as iPhone 11? … If I click that and I take a look at an older device, … so I'm going to click this drop-down where it says Device. … Now, if you're on a bigger screen, … you might not see a drop-down, … it might just be a list of devices from left to right. … So, click there, and then choose the appropriate device. … I'm going to go way back to the 4S. … Notice that text view is way too big. …
- Creating an Xcode project
- Navigating the Xcode interface
- Running your first app
- Building layouts with storyboards
- Connecting UI elements to code
- Coding interactivity