Learn what to do once a beacon device is detected by Core Location.
- [Instructor] In this lesson we're going to focus…on what happens when our user interacts…with our DetectBeaconViewController class.…We've done the setup,…now it's time to fire it all off…when the user presses the Start Discovery button.…First, I want to create a helper function…that will return a String based on a given CL proximity.…So I'm gonna come down here,…at the bottom of my class…and I'm gonna mark off a section for helpers.…I'm gonna create a function now called getProximityString…and it's gonna be passed in an argument of a CL proximity…and it's gonna return a String.…
So what I want to do in this function…is I want to create a switch statement…that's gonna test against…the proximity value that's passed in…and in turn, return the String equivalent of that proximity.…Now, I want to create a function…that's going to update our status labels.…So I'm gonna jump back over to my main section…and under toggleDiscovery,…I'm gonna create a function called updateStatusLabels.…
This function will be passed an array of beacons…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.