Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Respond to action requests, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] So we've got action buttons now,…but they don't do anything, I can just hit them,…and they just disappear, don't do anything.…There's two more steps you'll need to do…in order to get them to do something.…First, we're going to set up another delegate method,…and secondly add some code for that action.…I'm going to start with the delegate.…So head over to the notification center delegate,…close up the app, and we're going to go to…NotificationCenterDelegate.swift,…and we're going to add another method to our code.…So I'll put it right under the one I got already.…
Give myself some space, and this one's going to be…userNotificationCenter, and you see…the first one there is one we already have,…the second one asks the delegate…to process the user's response to a delivery notification,…again it's hard to see this on the screen,…so I'm going to go by that message on the…top here to tell me which one it is.…And so you get this one, which is more likely…known as user notification center did receive response.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.