Understand the steps necessary to request authorization for location updates with Core Location.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, we're going to discuss…requesting authorization to access the user's…location data, and we're also going to go in depth…with CLLocationManager.…So the first thing that I want to do…is request authorization from our user…to access the device's location services.…We'll have to inform our user as to why we need access…and hope that they allow it.…Some I'm gonna go over to my info.plist…file and add in a new key.…The key that I wanna add in is called…Privacy - Location Always Usage Description.…
And for the value, I wanna enter in the reason…that we're requesting authorization.…Once we have that in there, let's now implement…CLLocationManagerDelegate so that…we can be informed of authorization changes.…Now once I do that, I wanna scroll down…to the bottom of the class and mark out…a new section for the CLLocationManagerDelegate functions.…
The first function that I wanna implement is…locationManager didChangeAuthorization.…In this function, I wanna create a switch statement…that'll handle all of the different cases of authorization.…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.