Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I kept pressing Next Pizza Step.…When you can remove notifications,…you can fully use a feature of triggers, we haven't.…You can make repeatable triggers.…So go ahead and close this up,…and I'm going to go to the View Controller…and head over to makePizza,…and let's go look at the trigger here.…I'm going to make a copy of the trigger,…the Command + C, Command + V.…
I'm going to comment out one of these,…and I'm going to now change this one a little bit.…We can change the repeat to true,…and then we can change the timeInterval.…Now, there's something important about this timeInterval.…If you're using true, you can't have less than 60 seconds,…otherwise, you'll get a fatal error.…So, the lowest timeInterval you got is 60 seconds.…So this will be what we set it for.…If you go ahead and run this now,…you can make a pizza, go to Manage Notifications,…view the Pending, and you'll see the pizza there.…
And you can keep hitting Pending…to see the time move on,…and eventually, we'll see the Notification pop.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.