Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Remove notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- Notifications do go stale when their purpose…is no longer relevant. And you're going to want to remove them.…Let's go ahead and close the app.…And I'm going to pull up the update pizza…content here again.…And you'll notice I've done something…to prevent overflow of the pizza steps array is…I put the pizza steps at count thing here…where I would loop around.…Now that's not really logical in terms…of making a pizza. When we are done,…we're just done.…And what I really want to do is just stop making…pizzas and leave the pizza notification.…
So, what I am going to do is I am going to…delete this right here. And I am going to…change this around a bit so we'll get a deletion…after we are finished with the array. So, what I'm going to…do for this is when I hit the point where we're too far…in step numbers, that we are over the count in step numbers…that I'm going to make this nil. So I'm going to change this…first of all to an optional. That will of course mean that…this needs to be optional as well-the error is telling us.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.