Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Remove all notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] As we try new concepts in this course,…notifications in our app can get a bit messy.…This may also be true for your user, in some circumstances,…who could get confused by old notifications.…One way to deal with this mess is to reset the simulator.…Which was great for permissions,…but when working with notifications…or for clearing things for a user,…it's not the greatest solution.…I'll add a way to remove all pending notifications.…So if I have any repeating ones, I can remove…everything without resetting my phone every time.…Before I do, I'm going to remove the repeating notification…so the repeating is not annoyingly long for a video.…
Switch back to the original trigger, in Make Pizza.…So, I'm going to go back over here to the view controller,…Make Pizza, I'm going to un-comment this and comment this.…Which makes life a lot easier.…Then hit back over to manage notification view controller…and find the remove all notifications IB Action,…which should be right above remove notification.…This is going to get triggered on a…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.