Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Register for notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] In order to use remote notifications…you have to tell the system…you want them before anything else.…For this reason you'll be coding…remote notifications in the app delegate.…So go over to the app delegate.swift file…and like any other notification…you must ask permission before using them.…So this is a good place for going back…to the request authorization we put in much earlier…and then finish launching with options.…And I'm going to get rid of that for the moment…so you can see everything.…And so in here we've already got a print error.…
I'm going to add more code here.…We haven't used this variable here, which is boole…that says you have been granted permission.…I'm going to go ahead and use that,…that if we are granted permission…that we're going to allow ourselves…to register for remote notification.…So I'm going to do if granted.…I'll register for the remote.…Now the remote notifications…has to be done on the main thread.…So we're going to have to set the correct thread here.…And so I'm going to do…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.