Learn how reading (or loading) data is facilitated through the load call on the database object wrapper. With the hash hey and range key attribute values, the call determines which objects to load and return. The completion handler receives the database object model wrapper to get the data read and an error if one occurred.
- [Instructor] Now that we've stored some data…on the server, we want to be able to access…that data and read it back down to the app.…There's a couple pieces of data we'll need…to know that we can access the exact item in the database.…The first thing is the hash key value.…The hash key was the partition key…that we set when we defined the table.…We also need the range ID value that we're looking for too.…Then we can use the object mapper…just like we did when we called save…to load the data and bring it back to the app.…
So our steps will be to determine the hash key…and the hash key value.…For us that's the user ID.…Also the range key value, for us that's the note ID,…and then to call load on the AWSDynamoDBObjectMapper.…If we look back at the model code,…I'm gonna clean up my environment here just for a second.…And if we look at the Notes.swift file,…we'll see that the hash key attribute is the user ID.…That's what we set when we defined the table,…and the range key attribute is the note ID.…
So this is an easy way that you can determine…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.