Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Query motion data, part of Advanced iOS App Development: Core Motion.
- [Narrator] The activity motion manager takes a series…of motions and interprets it into an activity.…Running is a series of rapid arm movements, walking,…slower movements.…Core motion records these motions for later query,…so you can track your activities.…Let's display the activities from the pedometer…onto the console, add a new function for the pedometer.…And to get there, let's first of all stop the app,…and go ahead and close the console,…and we can close the Navigator as well.…Just above display pedometer data,…make a new function, read activity data.…
Now, the activity manager is a method…which retrieves activity information,…and then runs a handler with those results.…That is motion activity manager, query,…activity started from two with handler.…This uses two dates, a from date and a to date,…which is a start and end.…I want to caution you about these dates.…The activity manager is very slow…in registering activities for a query.…Activities will take up to half an hour…before they're available for a query.…
- Reading Core Motion data
- Understanding Core Motion methods
- Creating a pedometer app
- Using pace and distance data from Core Motion
- Pushing and pulling device motion data
- Accessing the altitude sensors
- Working with the motion activity manager (CMMotionActivityManager)
Skill Level Advanced
iOS App Development: Accessibilitywith Kevin Favro2h 34m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Core Motion Introduction
3. Device Motion
5. Recorded Data
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.