Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Pull to refresh, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- We now have a complete working application…but there's still a few simple features…that would be nice to add.…For example, it'd be nice to be able to refresh a feed.…iOS has a nice poll to refresh feature…that was added in iOS 6.…It's simple to implement.…Here I have opened a working copy of BWRSS-Refresh-01…from chapter nine of the Exercise Files.…And we're going to our ItemsViewController here…and we're going to start by adding…a method for the refresh control.…And so I'm gonna add it here…just before the Support functions.…
You notice these comments that say MARK in them.…That's what gives these list here, its subheadings.…And so I'm gonna add just another one.…It's a nice thing to do.…MARK, it has to be all caps.…And this is a Swift feature.…In Objective-C, it actually looks like this,…pragma mark.…Here we are in ItemsViewController.…I'm gonna say MARK:…UIRefreshControl…and then we'll create a function…and it will be called doRefresh.…
And it requires a parameter here,…sender: UIRefreshControl.…And I like a little space there sometimes.…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.