Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Prototyping in a testbed, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Sometimes in the course of your work as a programmer,…you'll need to try a snippet of code or test out an idea…or even write a simple TestSuite for a class…or a library that you're writing.…For these situations, it can be helpful to have…a small, simple, flexible base of code…to use as a testbed to test your idea in.…This is different than unit tests,…which are designed to validate existing code.…This testbed is for experimenting and working out ideas.…Here I have open an Xcode, a working copy of testbed-done…from chapter 1 of the exercise files.…
This is a very simple app.…It's useful for testing things on the simulator…or on a device.…Notice that it has a UITextView…and a simple method for showing messages…on the textview, you can see this message method down here,…and here it is in use inside this range base for loop.…So when I build this and run it,…see it's running here in the simulator,…and it has, this is line 1, 2, 3 through 10,…it has the testbed 1.1, and you'll notice…here in viewDidLoad,…it prints out the version and then it calls test 1…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.