Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing and trimming a video, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 9.
- The Photos app let's you play the videos you've taken,…of course, but you can also scrub through the footage…to quickly reach a certain spot as well as trim the video…to remove extraneous footage at the front…or the end of a clip.…So, first, you can choose a video clip to review.…Just tap on that.…And if you tap the play button here,…it'll begin playing, of course,…and then if you tap again on the screen,…you'll see there's a little thumbnail timeline down below,…and you can actually grab that and scrub through…to see what's going on here in the video.…
You can let go, and it'll resume playing from that point.…There's a pause button up in the upper right.…And then if you tap Edit up there in the upper right,…you get additional controls where you can…trim the end and the out points.…So in the timeline down below, you'll see this white bar.…That's the playhead.…Again, that's the current spot in the video.…And then at either end,…you'll see these little white arrows.…
Those represent the in and the out points.…So what I want to do is,…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Making smart adjustments to light and color
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes and My Photo Stream
- Using the iCloud Photo Library
Skill Level Beginner
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Appropriate for all
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.