Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing and trimming a video, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- The Photos app lets you play…the videos that you've taken, of course.…But you can also scrub through the footage…to quickly reach certain spots…as well as trim the video to remove…extraneous footage at the front…or the end of the clip.…Just choose the clip that you want to work with.…You can go into the preview mode here.…At the top, you can see a timeline…and there's a little white bar there…at the very left, which is the,…kind of the timeline playhead.…And you can grab that, and once you…have grabbed it, you can actually…move your finger down and continue to…scrub through the video here.…
You can see what's going on there.…So, what I want to do with this is,…at the very start of the video,…just tap Play here.…There's a section where…not much is happening.…So, I want to kind of clip this out…right to where the action starts.…This is kind of a fly-by…over this lava field, so something right like that.…Just pause that there.…So, I'm going to…get back to where…the action really kind of starts.…
Right about...…there, that's sort of where I kind of…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Intermediate
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.