Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing toolbar images, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- In this lesson, we're going to prepare the icons…for the web view toolbar.…Toolbar icons in IOS are transparent png images.…It's important to note that the icon images rendered…based only on the alpha channel, that is the transparency…information is used, without regard to the color information…in the png file.…This is sometimes called a template image,…the transparency information is used as a template…it's filled in by the view controller code.…I've prepared these icons in Adobe Illustrator…and then imported them into Photoshop for rendering.…
Again, you may use whatever tools you like for this…as long as the resulting images fit…the required specifications.…Toolbar icons are 22 pixels square,…and they need to be rendered in one time, two time,…and three time sizes.…So, that's 22 by 22, 44 by 44,…and 66 by 66.…So, here I've opened a working copy of…BWRSS-Assets-02 from Chapter 7 of the Exercise files.…
The results of this lesson can be found in…BWRSS-Assets-03 in Chapter 7 of the Exercise files.…First thing we need to do is we need to add these images…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.