Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing icons, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- Now that we have a fully functional app,…it's time to add some graphics to make it pretty.…To create icons for your app…you'll need a graphics program.…I use Photoshop, but any graphics program should work fine.…You'll need icons of various sizes.…The sizes you need are conveniently listed…in the Xcode Asset Catalog,…depending upon the devices and iOS versions that you target.…Here I've opened a working copy…of BWRSS-Assets-01…from Chapter 7 of the Exercise files.…The results of this lesson can be found in…BWRSS-Assets-02…in Chapter 7 of the Exercise files.…
If we come over here into the images.xcassets file,…that's the asset catalog for our app,…and there's one asset listed in it,…the appicon.…And if I shift my screen around a little bit,…you'll see over here in the Inspector,…and you would select the Attributes Inspector.…You'll notice that it's checked some boxes…for us here by default.…It's checked iOS 8 and iOS 7 for the iPhone,…and iOS 7 for the iPad.…
And this pre-render flag.…So because we're targeting…version 8.3 of iOS,…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.