- [Instructor] If you have an iPhone…with a dual camera system,…such as the iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus,…or one of the iPhone X models,…you can take advantage of portrait mode…to artificially create a shallow depth of field effect.…Portrait mode even works on the iPhone XR…even though it only has one lens.…On the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X models,…there are also portrait lighting effects…that work in portrait mode,…both while you're shooting and as an option later…when you're editing your portrait shots.…
In portrait mode, the camera is shooting the image…with the 56 millimeter lens,…but it's using the wide angled 28 millimeter lens…to determine depth information in the scene…and differentiate between the subject in the foreground…and the background.…It uses this information to create a depth map…and apply computational blurring in live real time,…resulting in a shot where the subject in the foreground…is in focus and the background is blurred.…In the Camera app, choose the portrait mode.…
If your subject is within eight feet,…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.