Understand the architecture of a TDD application.
- The application we're going to be building…throughout the rest of the course is very basic,…in terms of functionality and scope.…The app is a movie tracker which lists…all the movies you want to see and gives you the option…of checking off the ones you've already seen.…Our blueprint will look like this.…One view controller, a title, and a table view.…If you want to follow along and create our project…from scratch, I encourage you to do so.…However, if you want to skip right to the meat…of the course, you can always use…the Exercise Files to jump into any video.…
As far as design goes, our app only has a table view.…It will have two sections, one for listing…the movies you want to see, and the second…for movies you've already seen.…When we tap on a movie in our first section,…it will move down to the Movies Seen section, easy, right?…What you should focus on while we're building this app…is how we are unit-testing different…aspects of a traditional project.…This includes setting up classes and structs,…our table view protocols, and even our user interface.…
- Test-driven development: history and theory
- Creating a data model test
- Expanding tests
- Testing class methods
- Checking for duplicates
- Testing table views
- Mocking cells
- Testing cell selection
- Assembling the app
Skill Level Intermediate
Distributing Your iOS App for Testing with TestFlightwith Ron Buencamino35m 10s Intermediate
1. Foundation and Theory
2. Data Models and the Manager Class
3. UITableView Testing
4. Finishing Touches and Xcode Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.