Get an overview of what the CampusGuide app will do along with planned beacon interaction points and deployment options.
- The app that we're going to be working with…in this chapter is called Campus Guide…and its purpose is to give people who arrive on campus…a whole slew of information that they may need,…right at their finger tips.…The app has sections for things like…a campus map, this week's activities,…a classified section, and even a message board.…Now note that the project that we're working on…is only the shell of an app.…None of these functions currently exist in the app…but they're their to give us the feel of an app…that's currently in production.…By all measures you can feel free…to implement those functions if you like at a later point…but they're currently beyond the scope of this lesson.…
So what we'd like to do…is add some additional functionality to our app.…First, in our app we have a menu item for campus information…and when a user taps on this item it brings them to a page…that gives them some important campus information.…What we'd like to do is detect…for when a user arrives on campus…and once they do we'll send them a notification…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.