Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Places album, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] Another album that iOS 12…automatically creates is Places,…which is based on the location metadata…that is added to your photos…when you take them with your iPhone.…Let's tap on the Photos app,…and here in the Albums view,…I'll scroll down to People & Places,…and I'll just tap on Places.…As mentioned earlier, you do need to have location services…turned on for the default camera app…or for any other camera app you're using…in order for images to be added to the Places album.…
You can configure which apps are affected…by location tagging in Settings, Privacy, Location Services.…So as you can see here,…Places shows you your images on a map…and lets you view photos based on where you took them.…If I double-tap on the map, it zooms in…and shows more accurate location groupings for the photos.…Continue double-tapping to get in even closer.…You can also use a two-finger gesture…and just swipe your thumb and forefinger apart…to get in for a close view.…
And as you get in closer,…the map will resolve to show more detail…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.