Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Pending notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Once you add a notification to the…notification center, you still have control over it.…The UN notification center has methods…for managing notifications.…You'll find two states of notifications…the first, pending notifications…are from when the app adds a notification…and when the notification displays.…You can get pending notifications with…the get pending notifications method of…UN user notification center.…We'll list the pending notification…on the text view, which I have labeled console,…in the manage section of our app.…
So go ahead and stop the app, head over to…manage notificationcontroller.swift and go ahead…and see if you can find the view pending…notifications action.…Like so, and we're going to add a line in here…and we're going to use UN user notificationscenter…dotCurrent…And you'll see here there's something called…the get pending notification requests…and pick that up, that's got a closure.…
I'm going to press return to get the closure…and it's got for it's parameter an…array of notification requests.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.