Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Parsing the feed with NSXMLParser, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- Once the RSS data is retrieved from the server,…it's time to parse it.…Here I brought up a very simple RSS feed.…What this is, I created a little python script…on my server that generates an RSS feed,…I call it test feed.…It's at ios.bw.org/testfeed,…and you're welcome to use this for testing…for your applications.…And what it does, every time you load it,…it brings up random items.…So if you look at the individual items here,…there and the item containers here,…you have a title.…
This one says Add toner.…This one says Use other side for additional listings.…These are all just little random statements.…And so, if I press reload on my keyboard, command R,…you'll see that I get a different set each time,…there's As seen on TV.…Contestants have been briefed,…Penalty for private use.…Do not stamp.…Every time I press reload,…I get a different set of feeds,…and it gives five at a time.…But we can use this to look at what…a properly formed RSS feed looks like.…
RSS is an application of XML,…and so it has this XML header at the top of it.…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.